My Care My Home have exciting opportunities within the Caerphilly area for Community Support Workers.
My Care My Home have been providing care and support to individuals within their own homes in England and Wales since 2016.
To aid our expansion we are looking for community Support Workers in the following areas: Newbridge, Risca, Crumlin, Blackwood, Pontllanfraith, Crosskeys, Wattsville and Ynysddu.
If you have the desire to make a difference and help others then please read on!
We have a variety of hours available to suit your lifestyle (days, evenings, and weekends); with working patterns between the times of 7.00am to 3.00pm and 3.00pm to 10.00pm.
Depending on your availability, we can offer part-time and full-time contracts with the option of extra bank hours.
This is a domiciliary care role, which may include sits; you will make calls to service users throughout your shift and you must be prepared to travel within the service catchment area and work every other weekend or 1 day each weekend.
A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle with 'business use' car insurance is preferable to undertake this role. However, we can also offer Community Support Worker roles to non-drivers, dependent on the area in which you live.
• Prompting/support with personal care and dressing (which could include assistance with intimate personal care).
• Support with light household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning, meal preparation.
• Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescriptions, prompting, or administering medication.
• Accompanying to medical appointments if needed.
• General companionship.
Guaranteed Contracted Hours
• Rate of pay: £9.00 per hour (weekdays), £9.50 per hour (weekends) – with enhanced Bank Holiday rates.
• Annual Leave entitlement based on your contracted hours.
• Pension scheme including employer contributions.
• Paid travel time and mileage allowance for cars and bikes.
• £150 Refer a friend scheme (subject to conditions).
• Free uniform and full PPE.
• Paid induction training, including shadowing in the field.
• Support to register with Social Care Wales.
• Family friendly company which offers flexible working.
• Supportive team culture including regular team bonding sessions.
• Dedicated and committed line management.
• Employee assistance programme, providing emotional support and wellbeing.
• Opportunity to complete Health & Social Care Qualifications and excellent development/promotion opportunities.
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or previous experience of working within the care sector, we can support you to gain the knowledge and skills required for this role.
As part of the pre-employment process for this role an enhanced DBS check will be actioned.