We are currently seeking Community Support Workers to work throughout Wigan to help provide care and support to elderly and vulnerable adults within their own homes.
My Care My Home’s quality care and support services place the individual at the centre of all we do, if you feel you can make a real difference as a Key Worker please apply today!
We have a variety of hours available to suit your lifestyle (days, evenings, and weekends). Depending on your availability, we can offer contractual hours up to 25 per week with the option of extra bank hours.
Hours are available between 7.00am to 3.00pm and 3.00pm to 11.00pm. To be allocated maximum contractual hours you will need to cover every other weekend or 1 day each weekend.
You will make calls to service users throughout your shift and must be prepared to travel within the service catchment area.
• Prompting/Support with personal care and dressing (which could include assistance with intimate personal care).
• Support with light household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning, meal preparation.
• Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescriptions, prompting, or administering medication.
• Accompanying to medical appointments if needed.
• General companionship.
• £150 Refer a Friend Scheme (subject to conditions).
• Free uniform and full PPE.
• Paid induction training, including shadowing in the field.
• Family friendly company which offers flexible working.
• Opportunity to complete QCF Qualifications.
• Enhanced Bank Holiday rates.
• Salary: £9.18 per hour.
• A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support
• Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills
• Good understanding of assisting those who have mobility or continence needs using the appropriate aids and equipment
• Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are maintained
• Working hours will be provided on a weekly rota basis, depending on the requirements of the service users
• The service operates Monday to Sunday, so working hours and days may vary each week
• You will make calls to service users throughout the day, including evenings, and must be prepared to travel within the service catchment area
• Full training is provided - candidates must be prepared to attend training sessions, as scheduled
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
This role requires working with vulnerable individuals as well as delivering personal care and support; your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Should you be part of the DBS Update Service and you are successful at your interview, your journey through recruitment to employment will be much quicker.
To be considered, applicants must be able to demonstrate previous experience in a healthcare environment or similar role.
Due to the nature of the work, a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential to undertake this role.
To apply for this role, please fill out the form below or call 0800 240 4461.