We are currently seeking Community Support Workers throughout Monmouthshire, Caerphilly and the surrounding areas to help provide care and support to elderly and vulnerable adults within their own homes:
My Care My Home’s quality care and support services place the individual at the centre of all we do, if you feel you can make a real difference as a Key Worker please apply today!
We have a variety of hours available to suit your lifestyle (days, evenings, and weekends). Depending on your availability, we can offer contractual hours up to 30 per week with the additional option of bank hours. We can also offer family friendly shifts from 8am - 2pm and 5pm - 10pm to fit around school pick-ups etc.
This is a Domiciliary Care role, which may include sits; you will make calls to service users throughout your shift and you must be prepared to travel within the service catchment area and work every other weekend or 1 day each weekend.
A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle with 'business use' car insurance is essential to undertake this role. However, we can also offer roles to non-drivers, dependant on the area in which you live.
• Prompting/Support with personal care and dressing (which could include assistance with intimate personal care).
• Support with light household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning, meal preparation.
• Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescriptions, prompting or administering medication.
• Accompanying to medical appointments if needed.
• General companionship.
• Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
• A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support.
• Good understanding of assisting those who have mobility or continence needs using the appropriate aids and equipment.
• £150 Refer a Friend Scheme (subject to conditions).
• Free uniform and full PPE.
• Paid induction training, including shadowing in the field.
• Paid travel time and mileage allowance for cars and bikes.
• Family friendly company which offers flexible working.
• Opportunity to complete QCF Qualifications.
• Smart phone with the added benefit of free minutes and texts.
• Enhanced Bank Holiday rates.
• Salary: £9.00 per hour / £9.50 on weekends.
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
As this role requires applicants to work with vulnerable individuals as well as delivering personal care and support, you must be 18yrs old+ to apply, and your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and an Enhanced Disclosure & Baring Service Check.
My Care My Home do not offer sponsorship opportunities for any vacancies. Non-UK and Non-EU citizens already living in the UK must ensure they have the legal right to work in the UK.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form below or call 0800 240 4461.