We are currently seeking Community Care Key Workers throughout Monmouthshire, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil and the surrounding areas to help provide care and support to elderly and vulnerable adults within their own homes:
• Merthyr Tydfil
My Care My Home’s quality care and support services place the individual at the centre of all we do, if you feel you can make a real difference as a Key Worker please apply today!
We have a variety of hours available to suit your lifestyle (evenings and weekends) with guaranteed contractual hours.
Hours available between 7.00am to 3.00pm and 3.00pm to 11.00pm. To be allocated maximum contractual hours you will need to cover every other weekend or 1 day each weekend.
You will make calls to service users throughout your shift and must be prepared to travel within the service catchment area.
• Prompting/Support with personal care and dressing (which could include assistance with intimate personal care).
• Support with light household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning, meal preparation.
• Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescriptions, prompting or administering medication.
• Accompanying to medical appointments if needed.
• General companionship.
• Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
• A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support.
• Good understanding of assisting those who have mobility or continence needs using the appropriate aids and equipment.
• £150 Refer a Friend Scheme (subject to conditions).
• Free uniform and full PPE.
• Paid induction training, including shadowing in the field.
• Paid travel time and mileage allowance for cars and bikes.
• Family friendly company which offers flexible working.
• Opportunity to complete QCF Qualifications.
• Smart phone with the added benefit of free minutes and texts.
• Enhanced Bank Holiday rates.
• Salary: £9.00 per hour / £9.50 on weekends.
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
This role requires working with vulnerable individuals as well as delivering personal care and support. Your employment will therefore be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and Disclosure & Baring Service Check.
A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential to undertake this role.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form below or call 0800 240 4461.