We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our well-established team, as a Care Coordinator within our Wigan Branch. As a Care Coordinator you will play an integral role in the quality of the organisations service delivery. You will be responsible for managing the weekly roster of the care team and communicating professionally with staff, service users and their family members.
If you want to have the chance to join our fantastic team and start your career with My Care My Home, then read on…
Who are we?
My Care My Home provide care and support to elderly and vulnerable adults across England and Wales. Our high-quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core value of providing the quality of care and support that you would expect a loved one to receive. Our goal is to become a staff owned company within 3 years. Come and join us and be part of your own success.
What will you do?
• Be a good role model for all employees, being approachable and available as well as being consistent in all actions and decisions.
• Assist the branch manager to set and maintain clear standards of service user support in line with our quality assessment tool.
• Provide cover for any outstanding care calls as appropriate.
• Ensure new employees are effectively introduced to the service, its values and aims, the service users and good care practices within their first week.
• Assist the branch manager when required to conduct regular reviews with new employees during their probationary period.
• Hold regular staff and service user meetings to provide and receive feedback.
• Ensure complaints and suggestions are positively actioned and dealt with correctly.
• Adhere to all CQC regulations and raising standards of care where possible.
• Carry out assessment of needs and risk assessments to ensure the safe and effective delivery of care services.
• Complete on call duties on a rota basis.
What we are looking for
• Previous experience as a Care Co-ordinator or within a similar role is essential.
• Must hold a QCF level 3 in Health and Social Care.
• The ability to liaise professionally with our service users, their family, next of kin and external stakeholders on a day-to-day basis, this including discharge teams, social workers, and external community services to ensure service users ongoing care needs are being appropriately met.
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills; along with excellent written and communication skills; including word, outlook and excel.
• Outstanding knowledge of the care sector, regulations and The Care Act.
• Effectiveness in supporting and managing staff.
• Driven and ambitious.
• A team player whose goal is to leverage our success.
What we offer
• Refer a friend scheme.
• On call payments.
• Paid annual leave.
• Pension scheme.
• On-going training.
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities.
• Salary: £22,000
• Location: Wallgate, Wigan
• 37.5 hour working week
As part of the pre employment process for this role an enhanced DBS check will be actioned.
A full driving licence and use of your own vehicle is necessary for this role.
Applications close on 21/08/2020