Community Support Workers
£9.16 per hour (various part time hours)
Are you the type of person who enjoys helping others and making a difference to someone's life? If you do... then a career in care could be for you!
My Care My Home are currently recruiting for Community Support Workers to join our established Direct Payments Service providing domiciliary care within the Wigan Area.
You will be helping our clients maintain their independence and remain living in their own home as well as supporting family members who may be the main carer. The role requires flexibility to allow the service user to use their eligible hours as they so wish to ensure that all of their identified outcomes are achieved.
Typical duties could include:
• Prompting / Support with personal care and dressing
• Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescriptions, prompting or administering medication
• Meal Preparation
• Support with household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning
• Escort to appointments if needed
Type of person we are looking for:
• A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support
• Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills
• Good understanding of assisting those who have mobility or continence needs using the appropriate aids and equipment
• Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are maintained
More about the role:
• Working hours will be provided on a weekly rota basis, depending on the requirements of the service users
• The service operates Monday to Sunday, so working hours and days may vary each week
• You will make calls to service users throughout the day, including evenings, and must be prepared to travel within the service catchment area
• Full training is provided - candidates must be prepared to attend training sessions, as scheduled
This role requires working with vulnerable individuals as well as delivering personal care and support; your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Should you be part of the DBS Update Service and you are successful at your interview, your journey through recruitment to employment will be much quicker.
To be considered, applicants must be able to demonstrate previous experience in a healthcare environment or similar role.
Due to the nature of the work, a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential to undertake this role.