Many people use domiciliary care agencies to receive care at home, however this isn’t the only option. You could also consider employing your own carer or personal assistant through My Care My Home.
What is My Care My Home?
My Care My Home work with councils across England and Wales to provide advice and support to anyone who has to pay for part or all of their care themselves. We can also provide some of our services to those who receive direct payments.
The advantages of employing your own carer/personal assistant directly:
• You have the same carer(s) consistently who you have chosen yourself and like their manner and personality, and are confident in their competence.
• Their loyalty is to you personally and they become committed to you and your welfare at all times.
• The pay they receive from you can be higher than that received from a Care Agency.This can attract carers with more experience and/or higher qualifications.
• You can agree with them just exactly when and how you want your care delivered, what tasks and duties you want them to do, and how you would like them to deliver it.
How can My Care My Home help you?
If you want to employ your own staff directly My Care My Home can support you by handling all employment matters such as:
• Job description and advertisement.
• Shortlisting applicants. Arranging and conducting interviews with you in your own home.
• Obtaining necessary documentation such as references, disclosure and barring service, copies of qualifications, etc.
• Managing the payroll and ensuring that tax, NI, and other deductions are made correctly and the carer is paid on the agreed dates.
• Providing monthly visits to monitor the performance of your carer(s) to ensure you are happy with the service you are receiving.