Dorothy’s daughter, Susan, was referred to My Care My Home by Oxfordshire county council. She had contacted the Local Authority as she was looking for help with finding a suitable domiciliary care agency for her mother.
Susan explained to us that Dorothy was currently receiving respite care in a care home due to a deterioration in her mobility. Susan doesn’t live close enough to Dorothy to visit regularly so she hadn’t realised how much Dorothy’s mobility had declined in the months prior.
Before the respite admission, Dorothy was receiving care in her own home from a local domiciliary care company. They were unable to increase the care package to meet her needs of three calls a day. The respite placement had been arranged as a temporary solution.
• Dorothy’s mobility has decreased and she is in need of a Domiciliary Care agency for extra care at home
• Dorothy’s daughter, Susan, was referred to My Care My Home by her local authority
• We carried out our Shortlisting Care Providers Service
• Within 2 days, Susan was presented with a shortlist of 2 care providers that met her criteria
How can My Care My Home help?
We spoke with Susan the same day she made her enquiry and explained the ways in which we could help:
• Susan could use our Find Care feature to identify domiciliary care agencies in Dorothy’s local and surrounding areas as well as accessing each agency’s regulatory information with the regulating body; the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
• We also offer a service to conduct a search for suitable care agencies on a person’s behalf and shortlisting suitable options for them to choose from, for a fee of £180.
Although Susan was able to use the Find Care feature herself, she had already struggled to find a suitable care provider and wanted to get Dorothy home as soon as possible. She decided she would like to use the chargeable Shortlisting Care Providers Service and instructed us conduct the search for her.
“We were time restricted, but My Care My Home worked really hard to find a provider and I was really impressed with what they managed to do in a short space of time.
My Care My Home held my hand all the way as it was a stressful time for me. They were calm and helpful throughout the process.”
– Susan, Dorothy's daughter
The overview report
Within just a few days, we had explored all options within a 10-mile radius of Dorothy’s home address. We identified and shortlisted two suitable care agencies who were fully compliant with the CQC and who could meet all of Dorothy’s needs and requirements which would allow her to return home safely.
We provided Susan with an overview report for each of the two shortlisted care agencies which included prices, company information, and their current status with the CQC. These reports enabled Susan to make an informed decision on which care agency they would like to use. Susan selected their preferred option and an assessment was arranged with the care agency.
We followed up with Susan following the assessment; Dorothy was pleased that she had been able to return to her own home and all was going well with their chosen care agency. Susan now has peace of mind that all of Dorothy’s care needs are being met.
Get in touch
For free advice about every aspect of finding and funding care, contact us today.
Email us 0800 731 8470