Service User Privacy Notice
My Care My Home collects and processes personal data relating to Service Users as this is essential to allow us manage our care relationship with you.
We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations.
What information does the Company collect?
We collect and process a range of information about you. This includes:
• your name, address and contact details, including your email address and telephone number, date of birth and gender;
• your relatives’, carers’ and/or the your most significant person’s name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number, date of birth and gender that you or they provide to us;
• details of yours or your relative’s/carer’s bank account if you paying for all or some of your care or other services;
• information about your marital status, any dependants and emergency contacts;
• information about your nationality;
• information about medical or health conditions within your care notes.
We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be collected through referrals from the NHS or local authorities, from forms completed by you, your family or professionals, from correspondence with you, or through the initial assessments we make, care review and/or best interest meetings and/or other assessments.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including in your personal care notes, in our incident and accident report systems and in other IT systems (including our email system).
Why does the Company process personal data?
We need to process data to enter into our care contract with you and the public body that maybe funding your care.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, to ensure we satisfy the contractual and regulatory obligations in providing the best, kindest and appropriate care to you.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally, including with members of the care, administration and management team and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles.
We share your data with third parties in order to obtain care related information to help us to care for you in the best possible way.
We also share your data with third parties that provide professional services such as pharmacists, doctors, social workers, community nurses, etc.
We will not transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
How does the Company protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our approved employees in the performance of their duties.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
For how long does the Company keep data?
We will hold your personal data for the duration of your care and then for no longer than 6 years after you no longer use our service.
Such data will be reviewed annually to ensure out of date or irrelevant data is removed/updated.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
• access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
• object to the processing of your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact your Service Manager at the service you are using or living within.
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
What if you do not wish to provide personal data?
If you do not wish personal data that we hold about you to be disclosed or used in the way that is described in this Privacy Notice, please discuss the matter initially with your Service Manager. You have the right to object to provide personal data however, this may affect our ability to provide you with our care and support.
You have a right to withdraw your consent to provide personal data at any time however, this cannot be completed retrospectively.
If you wish further guidance on this Privacy Notice, email Andrew.Vale@mycaremyhome.co.uk or telephone 02921 673590.