Job Title: Carer / Personal Assistant - Click to read more
Are you the type of person who enjoys helping others and making a difference to someone’s life? If you do… then a career in care could be for you!
My Care My Home is recruiting on behalf of our clients for careers under our chose your own carer/personal assistant service.
We are looking for carers/personal assistants to join our register now!
You will be helping our clients maintain their independence and carry on living at home
Duties could include
- Prompting/Support with personal care and dressing
- Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescription ect or prompting to take medication
- Support with household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning
- Escort to appointments if needed
Type of person we are looking for
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills
- Good understanding of assisting those who have mobility or continence needs using the appropriate aids and equipment;
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet);
As the role requires working with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Do I need previous experience…?
Experience is necessary and qualifications are desirable. You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
Job Title: Live in Carer Wanted Part time - Wellingborough - Click to read more
My Care My Home is a care advice service which aims to help vulnerable individuals to obtain the best quality care that meets their needs and wishes within their own home. We are supporting an elderly lady in the Wellingborough area to employ her own Live in Carer.
We are looking to recruit a part-time live in carer (to join an existing carer on a job share basis) who would work from 9am Monday through to 6pm Friday on alternating weeks, with flexibility work the occasional weekend as and when required (typically one weekend per month) to enable our client to live independently in her own home.
The carer on duty would be expected to work up to 9 hours in any 24 hour period based on the client’s needs for that day. Duties to include:
- Domestic duties such as laundry and tidying
- Personal care (not required at this stage but may be in the future)
- Food shopping and meal preparations for the client and themselves (food is supplied/paid for by the client)
- Prompting/managing medication
- Social outings and support with medical appointments
- Companionship and overseeing her general welfare
Our client is independent with most aspects of daily living. She is well travelled and enjoys foods from different cultures; as such the carer must have good cooking skills. Our client is hard of hearing with hearing aids; the carers considered must be able to communicate clearly and efficiently.
The carer would be provided with a room of their own to sleep and reside in when not carrying out their duties. The client is a heavy smoker and smokes throughout the house, however the carers room would be a smoke free area if they so wished.
A driver with own vehicle and appropriate insurance is essential due to the rural location.
Over time the needs of our client may change, so it’s important that you are flexible with both your approach to work and your hours. Driver with own transport and appropriate insurance is essential.
As well as having a range of life experiences supporting and spending time with older people, we are looking for someone with 2+ years of direct care experience either within people’s own homes or within a residential/nursing setting.
A full pre-employment and suitability checking service will be completed by My Care My Home, which will include criminal record checking.
Further details of the role can be obtained by calling Louise on Freephone: 0800 731 8470, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org